Saturday, July 23, 2011

FAITH ~ GOD our PROTECTOR ~

Psalm 5
A Prayer for Protection[a]
Listen to my words, O Lord,
and hear my sighs.
2 Listen to my cry for help,
my God and king!
I pray to you, O Lord;
3 you hear my voice in the morning;
at sunrise I offer my prayer
and wait for your answer.
4 You are not a God who is pleased with wrongdoing;
you allow no evil in your presence.
5 You cannot stand the sight of the proud;
you hate all wicked people.
6 You destroy all liars
and despise violent, deceitful people.
7 But because of your great love
I can come into your house;
I can worship in your holy Temple
and bow down to you in reverence.
8 Lord, I have so many enemies!
Lead me to do your will;
make your way plain for me to follow.
9 What my enemies say can never be trusted;
they only want to destroy.
Their words are flattering and smooth,
but full of deadly deceit.
10 Condemn and punish them, O God;
may their own plots cause their ruin.
Drive them out of your presence
because of their many sins
and their rebellion against you.

11 But all who find safety in you will rejoice;
they can always sing for joy.
Protect those who love you;
because of you they are truly happy.
12 You bless those who obey you, Lord;
your love protects them like a shield.

I went to look up the whole psalm after reading the promise of last monday and remember myself praying this psalm over and over last year when we where facing hard times as an family on several fronts.
I heard God speaking to me `Do you remember`??.........`And what did i show you yesterday in the sky also.....just in front of you...??`
(picture´s made last sunday the 17th of July in the afternoon by my son )


Genesis 9:16



And the rainbow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth."
He made me remember this week to keep on trusting and believe that He has an covenant with me with us as an family to keep on looking around me and see His hand in our life and reJOY´S in HIS protection of LOVE over us!!

Last monday´s vers of God's Promises from the 365Promises.com.

In the NLT & NIV Bible versions of this verse, the psalmist asks God to 'spread His protection over them'. The Amplified Bible says 'make a covering over them'. When I think of this promise, I imagine that Papa God spreads a huge canopy, a nice warm comforting blanket over us that provides warmth, protection and shelter all the days of our life.
The knowledge of a loving God that is brooding over us and protecting us will cause us to trust Him even more and fill us to overflowing with unspeakable joy. I chose this particular photo of cloud cover to remind me that just as the clouds can shield us from the heat of the sun's rays, so God's love covers us and shields us from the harshness that life can bring our way. May each one of us snuggle under the blanket of God's protecting love today and may our hearts be filled with joy knowing that we are safe and secure today and for the rest of our lives.
Photo by Barry Adams

 Friday Feature is very simple: choose one of God's Promises from the 365Promises.com for this week. You can share whatever you want and however you'd like. You don't have to share their photo, but be sure you share the scripture. Share your reflection or just the Promise. Then claim it. Let Peggy know which one you choose either in the comments or give the link to your blog where you share it. The scriptures for July and a video of the pictures for July are listed on Peggy's blog. Please visit Peggy for more information about sharing your faith
I´m still linking it up and also with
over at Amy´s:





1 comment:

From the Heart said...

Great Friday Feature and we chose the same promise. Isn't it wonderful to know that God is taking care of us because He loves us.
Blessings, AE

Feel free to leave an message that you came over !

QUOTE from LYSA TERKEUST!! (from " A MESS")
I'm convinced there's a reason the first four letters of Messiah spell mess. We need Him. Only the Messiah can take our mess and turn it into a untangled message of hope, forgiveness, and ultimately love.

ALOT OF PRAISE @ WORSHIP SONGS FROM MY BIRTHCOUNTRY
Romans 12!