Monday, August 2, 2010

Marriage Monday ~ Favorite foods of our husbands ~...........~


Romantic Food Faves
Oh! Give me something refreshing to eat—and quickly! Apricots, raisins—anything. I'm about to faint with love!
(Song of Solomon 2:5 MSG)
Today we must tell about the favorite foods of our husbands..I had to laugh about the vers E-mom from C h r y s a l i s 


Well i came an long way in preparing and knowing the fav foods of my husband
I remember the first time visit of my hubby in my appartment to have dinner together....
Now i understand his not so excited reaction about my dinner.....I remember slightly what i made....It was an oven dish with fish.....In comparison i know now with his "Nigerian cuisine" it was NOT spicy at all.......it was not fried..and looking very colourful.
I learned a lot about his taste and cooking a long those years but mostly i gave him "the honours" in our home to cook in the weekend and special occasions /celebrations....
But his favorite's are......
Fried Tilapia fish



Fried Rice

Side dish baked plantain
[fried+plantains2.JPG]


Breakfast fried beancake with custard
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhPXKSzl0n8jLgrC6BlCmYe9KI6_Olv2YM95y46nS-Voh8QDGDBmFy_keuWnsbgKdafvzssAAmf5CE9AIn8I1PTpy7QjF0K-cl4htNLRA9dh-zxvqyZhzUBMYJdiUuko4FiotQpGAd7zk0s/s1600/akara+served+with+custard.JPG
(All pictures from this site)

9 comments:

tonya said...

Your food looks yummy.
Thanks for sharing!

Susannah said...

Hi Bernice,

Oh my. I can't imagine the difficulty of trying to cook for a man from a vastly different culture! God bless you for taking on the task...

From the photos, your entres look fabulous. Plantains are uncommon around here, but we tried them in Florida and really enjoyed them.

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today.

Blessings! e-Mom ღ

bp said...

Enjoyed your post! My Mom used to fix Ham fried rice, been a long time since I had that.

I also wanted to say I appreciated the pretty song playing as I visited your blog.

Bethany

Denise said...

Nice post.

Tami said...

So when are you handing out samples of those interesting looking dishes? I'd LOVE to try them!

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, Bernice--that looks delicious!! And I'm on a diet, so this is making me hungry...lol
Love your post and your story--so cute!
Hugs,
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Bernice,
I just left a comment, but I'm not sure if it went through...I just wanted to say that the food looks delicious!!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Constance said...

You know, I never realized this before but reading your post made the light bulb come on for me. We can honor our husbands with something as mundane as cooking, by making their favorite meals for them!

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I will try and share something down the road about how I plan to make the cookbook honoring my Mother-in-Law. I have so much on my plate right now (my mom has cancer, working, trying to finish some scrapbooking projects, etc) That I hope to make this cookbook a priority in my schedule.

have a blessed week!
Connie

Faith said...

Wow...challenging to mix cultures like that! Great photos of your hubby's faves....my husband would LOVE the tilapia but we grill ours in a pecan crust. I have always wanted to try plantains.....i wonder where in New York I could find them??

Feel free to leave an message that you came over !

QUOTE from LYSA TERKEUST!! (from " A MESS")
I'm convinced there's a reason the first four letters of Messiah spell mess. We need Him. Only the Messiah can take our mess and turn it into a untangled message of hope, forgiveness, and ultimately love.

ALOT OF PRAISE @ WORSHIP SONGS FROM MY BIRTHCOUNTRY
Romans 12!