Sunday, September 27, 2009

Spiritual Sunday ~ DOWN TO THE RIVER TO PRAY ~



Alison Krauss
Down to the River to Pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way

O sisters let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
O sisters let's go down,
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way

O brothers let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
Come on brothers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way

O fathers let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
O fathers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way

O mothers let's go down,
come on down, don't you want to go down,
Come on mothers let's go down,
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown
Good Lord, show me the way

O sinners let's go down,
Let's go down, come on down,
O sinners let's go down,
Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the robe and crown
Good Lord, show me the way



Sunday, September 27


Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost

Watchword for the Week
The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the
Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes. Psalm 19:8

Numbers 11:4-6,10-16,24-29; Psalm 19:7-14
James 5:13-20; Mark 9:38-50

May the Lord our God incline our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways.
1 Kings 8:58

If we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with
one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

In our daily walk, may we find you ever near us, dear God. As we congregate with
our brothers and sisters in Christ, may we see your light and your salvation.
Cleanse us from all our sins. Amen.

6 comments:

SmilingSally said...

My favorite hymn, It Is Well with My Soul played while I visited your blog! Thank you. I hope you have a beautiful Sunday.

Denise said...

I love that song.

Charlotte said...

Excellent post. I really like the video and the water is so pretty. Thank you for sharing this great video and scriptures with us today.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

Good post. Alison Krauss is one of my favorite singers. I also like It Is Well With My Soul. I never did figure out if it was a part of the post or from your play list on your blog. It doesn't matter. I like it just the same. Thanks for posting. Have a great week.

Sue said...

Beautiful Song , thank you for sharing,
Blessings,
Sue

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is a beautiful song, I love it. I have never heard it before, I'm so glad you shared it today on Spiritual Sunday.
God Bless,
Ginger

Feel free to leave an message that you came over !

QUOTE from LYSA TERKEUST!! (from " A MESS")
I'm convinced there's a reason the first four letters of Messiah spell mess. We need Him. Only the Messiah can take our mess and turn it into a untangled message of hope, forgiveness, and ultimately love.

ALOT OF PRAISE @ WORSHIP SONGS FROM MY BIRTHCOUNTRY
Romans 12!