Tuesday, August 11, 2009

To All My Beautiful Christian Sisters

BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN SISTER

By Maya Angelou

'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

TO MY BEAUTIFUL CHRISTIAN GIRLFRIENDS , YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ...

holier thou simple sinner received gods grace beautiful christian girlfriends

Thank you for your support, your commitments and your friendship, I cherish each and everyone of YOU!

3 comments:

christy rose said...

Friends are definitely a blessing from God Bernice. Amen!

Peggy said...

Blessings Bernice...How beautifully written & such a sweet graphic! She is a very thoughtful & inspiring writer!

When I say "I am a Christian", it use to mean that I follow Christ & His guidelines but now it's that plus all of what Maya mentioned & more, I am washed in the blood of the Lamb & cleansed so that my sins are paid for & I have eternal life & live in the footsteps of Jesus & the shadow of the Almighty, filled by His Holy Spirit!

I loved you video on the Names of God...I have a list but had to add this one! I so enjoyed the song & the way they were presented! Thank you...love that you have them listed on the side as well!

Let us continue to cherish each other as sisters in the Lord!

Denise said...

I love you.

Feel free to leave an message that you came over !

QUOTE from LYSA TERKEUST!! (from " A MESS")
I'm convinced there's a reason the first four letters of Messiah spell mess. We need Him. Only the Messiah can take our mess and turn it into a untangled message of hope, forgiveness, and ultimately love.

ALOT OF PRAISE @ WORSHIP SONGS FROM MY BIRTHCOUNTRY
Romans 12!