Monday, July 13, 2009

Moravian Daily Texts ~ July 13 ~

Monday, July 13


Psalm 84:8-12
Isaiah 33:17-35:10; Ephesians 6:1-9


Ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find
rest for your souls. Jeremiah 6:16

"Go stand at the crossroads and look around.
Ask for directions to the old road,
The tried-and-true road. Then take it.
Discover the right route for your souls.( MSG)

Paul said to the governor, "This I admit to you, that I worship the God of our
ancestors, believing everything laid down according to the law or written in the
prophets." Acts 24:14

( MSG) 14-15"But I do freely admit this: In regard to the Way, which they malign as a dead-end street, I serve and worship the very same God served and worshiped by all our ancestors and embrace everything written in all our Scriptures. And I admit to living in hopeful anticipation that God will raise the dead, both the good and the bad. If that's my crime, my accusers are just as guilty as I am.


God of wisdom, strength, and peace, our days seem to be filled with unrest and
confusion. Yet you provide us with sound, loving direction which leads to peace.
Today we commit to follow your way. Take us by the hand and lead us. Amen.

The verses above i link-up with my fav translation the Message! I don't know if it is my sleepy head at the end of this day but the verses where not stirring anything in me......
Nevertheless verse 35 in Isaiah manage to wake me up! (LOL) to picture things and stirred my heart for the promises that God have for me and for you.......My "desserts" ,"wildplaces" and "badlands" will sing joyousely, celebrate and flower! Isn't that an amazing forcast and oh so worth it to hold on and stay on the path God put before us...to hear and follow His WORD!! I know i want to press-on........

Isaiah 35
The Voiceless Break into Song

1-2 Wilderness and desert will sing joyously, the badlands will celebrate and flower—
Like the crocus in spring, bursting into blossom,
a symphony of song and color.
Mountain glories of Lebanon—a gift.
Awesome Carmel, stunning Sharon—gifts.
God's resplendent glory, fully on display.
God awesome, God majestic.


3-4Energize the limp hands,
strengthen the rubbery knees.
Tell fearful souls,
"Courage! Take heart!
God is here, right here,
on his way to put things right
And redress all wrongs.
He's on his way! He'll save you!"


5-7Blind eyes will be opened,
deaf ears unstopped,
Lame men and women will leap like deer,
the voiceless break into song.
Springs of water will burst out in the wilderness,
streams flow in the desert.
Hot sands will become a cool oasis,
thirsty ground a splashing fountain.
Even lowly jackals will have water to drink,
and barren grasslands flourish richly.

8-10There will be a highway
called the Holy Road.
No one rude or rebellious
is permitted on this road.
It's for God's people exclusively—
impossible to get lost on this road.

Not even fools can get lost on it.
No lions on this road,
no dangerous wild animals—
Nothing and no one dangerous or threatening.
Only the redeemed will walk on it.
The people God has ransomed
will come back on this road.

They'll sing as they make their way home to Zion,
unfading halos of joy encircling their heads,
Welcomed home with gifts of joy and gladness
as all sorrows and sighs scurry into the night.

* To know more about these daily words go here

4 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for blessing my heart, love you.

Grace said...

Hi "God's Own', I found your blog through Denise and I am glad I did. It is so nice to be in a blog that glorifies God's name.

Cascia Talbert said...

Beautiful quotes!

Marsha said...

Congratulation!! You won my give away. Come on over to my blog and read about it.

Blessings.

Feel free to leave an message that you came over !

QUOTE from LYSA TERKEUST!! (from " A MESS")
I'm convinced there's a reason the first four letters of Messiah spell mess. We need Him. Only the Messiah can take our mess and turn it into a untangled message of hope, forgiveness, and ultimately love.

ALOT OF PRAISE @ WORSHIP SONGS FROM MY BIRTHCOUNTRY
Romans 12!