Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankfull thursday~MOTHER ~

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Today is THANKFULL THURSDAY


Lyn from Spiritually Unequal
Marriage
made this suggestion:
This Thursday let’s share with one
another our hearts about our mothers.

Or, why we are thankful to be a
mom and what God is teaching us.

Or, share about a Godly woman in your
life who is or has been a Mom to you (Titus 2).

Sharon At truth4theJourney host also TT and ask to make 5 points to be Thankfull for this past week!
Here goes my combination of those two beautifull TT meme's.....




Exodus 20:12 (New International Version)

12 "Honor your father and
your
mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is
giving you.

Matthew 10:37 (New International Version)

37"Anyone
who loves
his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who
loves his son
or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;



Those two verses i have always before me in my relationship with my parents, along those years as the daughter of my earthly parents and Heavenly Parent!

The initial answers to the question to share my heart where I wish.......

Yes i wish i could turn back the time we life in the same country and house.... on the same continent.
But God " My Heavenly parent" planned differently.......
I learned and are learning a lot from Him how to appreciate and love my mum, no matter the " ocean" between us.......


1 He said to me be
thankful that i blessed your mum's womb when i knit you
in it as her ONLY
child.
I bless her with you.Your life with me is a
blessing to her! If
she was not there you where not here.....
Psalm 139:13 (N I V)
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my
mother's
womb.

2 I'm thankfull for the good and bad examples my mum gave
me.Both are lessons for myself as a mother

Hosea 14:9 (The Message)
If you want to live well,
make sure you understand all of this.
If you
know what's good for you,
you'll learn this inside and out.
God's paths
get you where you want to go.
Right-living people walk
them easily;
wrong-living people are always tripping and stumbling.


3 I'm
thankful i inherit from her the character and got the example to care for others


4 I'm
thankfull that i still have my mum and changes to grow our
relationship


5 I'm thankfull that she was in Holland with the birth
of the eldest
and baptism of both my kids.

Link today to one of the
hosteses for this TT


9 comments:

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

Beautiful thoughts related to your mum. I hadn't read the suggestion to focus on that, so my list doesn't include much on motherhood. My own mother (she always wanted to be called "Mother")went to be with Jesus 10 years ago. I still miss her, especially this time of year when I am planting my flowers. So I am glad to hear that you are thankful for yours. Don't forget to let her know, often.

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

By the way...my mother's name was Bernice!!

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful sharing.

I'm incredibly blessed to be both Mom/Mommy and Grandma and would not change it for the world! I am also incredibly blessed that my Grandmother poured example before me of being a Christian woman/wife and parent. A legacy I pray I've instilled in the next generation and beyond.

God bless and Happy Mother's Day!

SusanD said...

Wonderful list for TT. Blessings, SusanD

Laurie Ann said...

Precious post. I loved it! Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

Leslie said...

What a wonderful and touching list!
Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

Many Blessings to you,
Leslie

Laurie said...

Thank you for what you shared on my blog. I will be praying and hoping with you sister. Love your TT and your words about your mum!

Lisa said...

I'm thanking God with you for your mum and the way you are learning to love her more deeply through Christ!
Blessings - Lisa

Denise said...

God bless you, and your dear mom.

Feel free to leave an message that you came over !

QUOTE from LYSA TERKEUST!! (from " A MESS")
I'm convinced there's a reason the first four letters of Messiah spell mess. We need Him. Only the Messiah can take our mess and turn it into a untangled message of hope, forgiveness, and ultimately love.

ALOT OF PRAISE @ WORSHIP SONGS FROM MY BIRTHCOUNTRY
Romans 12!