Psalm 52
Job 28; 1 Corinthians 4:16-5:8
The promises of the Lord are promises that are pure, silver refined in a furnace
on the ground, purified seven times. Psalm 12:6
Christ says, "The one who sent me is true, and I declare to the world what I
have heard from him." John 8:26
Dependable God, your promises to us are too many to list but they will never be
broken. When we are weary and discouraged, remind us that you are faithful.
Amen.
I love the psalm to read for today.
You can read it with me in the message version.
Psalm 52
A David Psalm, When Doeg the Edomite Reported to Saul, "David's at Ahimelech's House"
1-4 Why do you brag of evil, "Big Man"?
God's mercy
carries the day.
You scheme catastrophe;
your tongue cuts razor-sharp,
artisan in lies.
You love evil more than good,
you call black white.
You love malicious gossip,
you foul-mouth.
5 God will tear you
limb from limb,
sweep you up and throw you out,
Pull you up by the roots
from the land of life.
6-7 Good people will watch and
worship.
They'll laugh in relief:
"Big Man bet on the wrong horse,
trusted in big
money,
made his living from catastrophe."
8 And I'm an olive tree,
growing green in God's house.
I trusted in the generous mercy
of God
then and now.
9 I thank you always
that you went into action.
And I'll stay right here,
your good name my hope,
in company with
your faithful friends.
Romans 12!
3 comments:
Awesome my dear friend, love you.
Not only is she a powerful singer, but a powerful speaker of praises to our Lord...WOW.....
Thanks for sharing those powerful scriptures on my post today..((hugs))
Post a Comment