

Psalm 119:133 (The Message)
129-136 Every word you give me is a miracle word—
how could I help
but obey?
Break open your words, let the light shine out,
let ordinary
people see the meaning.
Mouth open and panting,
I wanted your commands
more than anything.
Turn my way, look kindly on me,
as you always do to
those who personally love you.
Steady my steps with your Word of promise
so nothing malign gets the better of me.
Rescue me from the grip of bad
men and women
so I can live life your way.
Smile on me, your servant;
teach me the right way to live.
I cry rivers of tears
because
nobody's living by your book!
American Standard Version
Establish my footsteps in thy word; And let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
Contemporary English Version
Keep your promise
and don't let me stumble
or let sin control my life.
Keep your promise
and don't let me stumble
or let sin control my life.
English Standard Version
Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
Keep steady my steps according to your promise, and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
King James Version
Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
New International Version
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
Read the different versions closely and see how
each of them speaks to you!!
My favorite is now " The Message"
Also visit our lovely hostess Amy Deanne over at the 160 Acre Woods, for more ofthe WORD. (Thanks Amydeanne!!)
Blessings!
Romans 12!
16 comments:
My favorite is the Message too. Thanks for sharing. A beautiful choice of scripture.
Blessings to you!!
That was a great idea to give the different versions.
Beautiful picture!
Love,
Beth
This was awesome, I enjoy the message too.
Amen! Great passage and I love the way you've shared it in various translations...really gives it even more life to me today!
Blessings,
Tracy
I liked reading the different versions. It's amazing how such small differences can change the meaning or make you see it differently.
What a great word...thanks so much for sharing!
Thanks for the blessing.
Happy WFW!
Loved reading the different versions. I'm an NIV and ESV kinda gal but am just getting warmed up to The Message. It reads so differently, ya know? I love it, though. It's just taking me a while to get used to. I like it for this Scripture. Happy WFW!
Great word. Loved all the translations too.
Hope you are having a blessed day!
Thanks for sharing...how true!
And yes, I share your thoughts about the story I posted...more than the drowning image...it was the giving it all up for the Lord...so He can rescue us! :)
Blessings to you...happy WFW!
I love how you showed this in different versions! Well done!
Oh, I love that Scripture and the picture. I especially love all of the translations; sort of like looking at a parallel Bible. I get so much out of reading different translations at the same time.. it just brings a new clarity to the verse. Thank you for laying this before us today!
Wonderful Words of Life!!!! Thank you!
Let NO SIN rule over me.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE that Bernice!
I haven't gotten to Psalms yet in my Message bible... but know I'll love them from what you've shared.
I finally got you on my sidebar today. I had a horrible time finding you today? EGADS...
I'm off to read more of your posts...
Holykisses,
Lea
I love how you did this...wonderful :)
Blessings!
:)
amen! thanks for the encouragement!
Post a Comment