Monday, March 16, 2009

MY STORY

LauraLee, at Selah ~ Pause.Ponder.Praise asks us to share our story of salvation. I wanted to share it here, too. It may help you get to know me better.She asks some questions that I thought I'd answer.

1How old were you when someone first told you about Jesus?
To believe in Jesus Christ and to look -up to God for help and guidens in your life was learned to me just like learning to read and write.This is to me a huge blessing and privilege.I got awesome examples by stronggodly woman ( My grandmother ,her sister and"Nene Dina") and godly man My grandfather read my
7 xmas-memories .
I was always prayed for and over even when i left my birthcountry all by myself and the BEST advice my grandma gave me was ALWAYS take "your bible and pray"!

2When did you become open to the gospel?
I was always as a child open to the gospel God was for me a living reality ...I always love reading and telling story's.So the story's from the childrensbible i could tell out of my head...I remember as a teen i wanted to read "the real bible" from beginning to end.My grandfather frequently read passages to me and we talked about it....
In my teen time i went to Youth services in other christian denominations because i start coming up against the "kind of set liturgic services" and the common songs from the 17- and 18 centuries......

3What compelled you to give your life over to Jesus?
Was an vibrant experience of Gods Spirit in a youthgroup in the same denomination i was baptized as a child but now in Holland. I left my birthcountry when i was 18yo age.I did my commitment to follow Jesus when i was 21

4What Scriptures were particularly meaningful to you?
My favorite book is of Isaiah a lot about HOPE to me.....
Isaiah 40:31but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faintI was and am always intriged by the HOPE we can have as Christians for this life to live out of restoration and after this Life with Him and All who died in Him!

5I finally start living it?
In my married life and this last year i was more compeled to hold on to His Promises to His Children.

6What changed inside of you?
I accepted Jesus Christ when i was active in the Youth group because of the experience ..That Gods spirit lives in people...I saw it i felt it i accept the gospel "That He is the only way to God"

I realised also around that time that i embraced other thoughts in my teens going to adolesent, who were not endorsed by The living God the God of Jesus Christ....

7How do you think your life is different since you made Jesus the Lord of it?
When i start living it, it was the moment i stopt ONLY believing in Jesus Christ and began to confess and realize i need a SAVIOR. I can't life Godly out of my own strenght. In that season of my life as a mother ( of toddlers) and married i felt i came totally short...
I found a verse of Apostel Paul and realized than the dept of it....
Romans 7:23 (The Message)
21-23It happens so regularly that it's predictable. The moment I decide to do good, sin is there to trip me up. I truly delight in God's commands, but it's pretty obvious that not all of me joins in that delight. Parts of me covertly rebel, and just when I least expect it, they take charge.

Gods spirit urges me to grow....,to pray without ceasing for myself for my family...i felt totally inadequate and .I was "housebound" loose contact with my churchfamily.
But in the mids of this my relationship with the Lord began to grow and He start to "weed" in our lifes and plant new seeds so to say...
I found a book along the way "Praying Wife" from Stormie Omaritain....and praying those scriptural prayers helped me to focus on GODSPLAN for me my dh's and my family....I was directed to His WORD and i can testify that God is faitfull He answered in His time each and every prayer that i send up to Him......and also the prayers send up by my "Granny's" who followed and blessed me trough my whole life. My marriage is stronger than ever, My husband is drawn to God more than ever, My kids love the Lord and learn about Him and I'm challenged now more than ever to become the P31 woman and become the best i can be for HIM who restored me and gave me HOPE for now and everyday
!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for your post sister. I have a surprise for you on my blog if you are able to stop by!
Blessings!

Denise said...

Amen, very beautiful.

LauraLee Shaw said...

What a powerful testimony, and I can't help but praise the Lord for it! Praise be to God for His indescribable gift! Thank you for entering my giveaway and for sharing your story!

Cheryl Barker said...

Bernice, thanks so much for visiting my blog! Hope you'll come again. It's always a treat to meet Christian sisters out there in blog land. Blessings to you!

Feel free to leave an message that you came over !

QUOTE from LYSA TERKEUST!! (from " A MESS")
I'm convinced there's a reason the first four letters of Messiah spell mess. We need Him. Only the Messiah can take our mess and turn it into a untangled message of hope, forgiveness, and ultimately love.

ALOT OF PRAISE @ WORSHIP SONGS FROM MY BIRTHCOUNTRY
Romans 12!