
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave
thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were
darkened. Romans 1:21 NIV
Lack of thankfulness leads to futile thinking
and a darkened heart. Trying to have a loving, peaceful home where the Holy
Spirit is pleased to dwell is impossible under these circumstances.
It is
amazing, but once I replace critical thoughts with thankfulness, and put away my
evaluation sheet, the more happy I become, and the better my husband looks to
me. It is easier to love my children and the other imperfect people God brings
into my life
These thoughts from Sherry are shared At the Well today with the assignment to use our blog as a place to thank God publicly for our husbands.
It is verry special to me this topic especially this week of my Marriage anniversary on the 28th!
In my "heart of hearts" i know God had an ordained PLAN with us meeting eachother and getting married....
I am THANKFULL
- that he knows how to LOVE unconditionally
- that his love for his kids and me comes after God
- and have RESPECT for who he is and become as a "selfmade" (Godmademan) from the "slobs" of a cosmopolitan city in Africa to a beauthybusiness owner ("top to toe") in Europe.
- that he knows to cook and does not mind a bit to look after the kids.
- that i know he knows my heart intentions no matter the wrong "workouts" frequently
- he stimulates me to change to the positive
- that through sharing our thoughts he learns me to think not only with my mind........( listening to your innerself........)
- that he can be like a child ( that is handy to connect with the kids as a parent)
This was so good to do....i know i can come up with more the coming weeks will post on our anniversay day more.....
What are you thankfull of about your husband??
Link to At the Well for more thankful readings.
Romans 12!
10 comments:
New to your blog. Thank you for sharing and thank you for sharing on Thankfullness. Blessings!
Hi sister! Yes, we do have to stay thankful! I am thankful that my husband is born-again, loving, a wonderful dad, willing to cook and clean (yeah!), following God's dream in regards to school and a different job, and that he is so supportive and steady in his faith!
And the list goes on...
This was such a good thing to do. I enjoyed your list! Have a great day!
What a great post - I truly enjoyed reading about your husband. Praying you have a happy anniversary!
I am new to your blog. Hope we will become fast friends.
Husbands are wonderful...I am glad
God thought of it.
Bernice...great list! "He stimulates me to make positive changes..." That was great!
peace to you and your man!
lori
I am loving this idea of praising God for our husbands on our blogs!
Thanks for all of the things uou shared!
Blessings!
Linda
Great list. I have enjoyed reading what everyone wrote about their husbands. A godly man is such a blessing.
Thanks so much for sharing! How lucky we are!
-Ashley
Such a sweet tribute to your husband.
Post a Comment